How do you do a Bentonite Detox? What is Bentonite? What are the benefits of a bentonite colon cleanse?
You can take bentonite clay on its own or better still with psyllium husk, probiotics and even liquid chlorophyll. See How To Cleanse Your Colon.
Bentonite clay removes toxic build-up, heavy metals and parasites from the intestines and draws more out of the intestinal blood supply
Bentonite is a clay formed from volcanic ash and water. It is a phyllosilicate which has high absorbing powers.
You can buy it as a powder or as a liquid. I am not talking about sodium bentonite, which is mainly used in industries. I am talking about the edible calcium bentonite clay.
When it has a grey green color when mixed with water, calcium bentonite clay is called Montmorillonite Clay, and is highly beneficial as a cleanser and detoxifier.
Bentonite clay is not digested nor absorbed by the intestines. It does not react with anything either.
So how can bentonite do a good cleansing job?
Bentonite is highly absorbent and negatively charged. It absorbs positively charged substances as it moves through the intestines, such as
Bentonite first absorbs water to form a sponge-like substance which then attracts and binds the germs, worms, toxins, heavy metals etc, in the colon. It is then eliminated with whatever it has trapped.
Bentonite clay has been used in many countries as an effective ingredient in colon cleansing. The first evidence that it was used as a healing bentonite detox agent was in Mesopotamia.
Looks like it is a miracle drug or something. It is not. It just plays an effective role as it absorbs parasites, toxins and toxic build-up etc, and throws them out of the colon.
As a result of the decrease in parasites, heavy metals and toxins, the body is able to function better, and the results above become evident.
It is used in many cosmetics because it benefits the skin.
1. Use liquid bentonite, a colloidal-gel. I mix my powdered calcium bentonite in filtered water to form a gel-like constituency and keep it in a plastic jar with a plastic cover. Do not use metal containers or metal spoons with clay.
Calcium bentonite also called calcium montmorillonite is used for detox purposes whereas sodium bentonite is used for industrial purposes.
2. Take one tablespoon of liquid bentonite first thing in the morning or at least two hours before food. Drink 1/2 or 1 glass of water to aid bowel movements.
Liquid Bentonite clay has no taste. But, if you do not like the tasteless taste, take it with apple juice to make it more palatable. I used to take it with apple juice but now find it easier to drink as is.
3. Drink at least eight glasses of water throughout the day to help bowel movements.
4. As a result of its highly absorbent nature, take it at least two hours before taking any medicine, as it will absorb and eliminate the drug as well.
5. After a week, if you are comfortable taking bentonite clay as a cleansing agent, increase the dosage to twice a day. First thing in the morning and before you go to bed. You can easily take bentonite clay three times a day.
6. After two or three weeks you will find a lot of improvement in your bowel movements and your energy level. It alkalizes your body and so keeps it healthy.
7. You can also make a paste of the bentonite and apply on your skin to eliminate acne and any form of skin rash. I also put it on my hair. Once all the clay is washed out my hair feels really good - clean and thicker.
Let's summarize the results of a bentonite detox...
You now know what bentonite is and how it can benefit you. It is very easy to do a detox with bentonite.
A bentonite detox can result in the removal of toxic build-up, heavy metals and parasites from the colon. This draws out more toxins from the blood supplying the intestines, and they too are removed.
You will start feeling fresh and energetic and benefit from all the numerous results mentioned earlier.
Bentonite detox is not recommended for expecting mothers and very aged people.
Subscribe to the Ultra Cleanse Blog RSS feed.
You Are Here: Cleanse › Bentonite Detox